Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tues. Weds, Thurs AM

Rushing to get this posted before the power goes out at 1300 BZE, look for pics and an update when I can!

---

Tuesday was the first day of teaching CPR / First Aid in town, after I returned we were invited to a tour of the penthouse and drinks. This is an amazing place, with the weather, it wasn't a very good photo op, but I did manage to snap a few.

I attempted to upload this, but alas, the internet was down.


Wednesday up at 430. Can't connect mt camera to Windows 7, so I brought a card reader. Guess what, the card reader will not work with windows 7 either!. No chance if finding one here, as remote as this place is. Maybe when we go to Mexico (depending on the weather now) I can find one.

So, I have to hook my card reader up to my friends computer, transfer the pics to another card, then use the built in card reader to transfer to my computer. Look l



Look for more pictures with the smaller camera, hopefully where it will be less of a hassle.

was another full day teaching CPR / First Aid in town, followed by boating to the Blue Lotus for Indian food. A short shopping trip followed, then a return trip back to the Villa. Only problem was about 2/3rds of the way to the resort, we hit a big storm squall, and had to find a place to hunker down as it passed. We found a resort, and took shelter on of the porches. All the talk of the town is the weather, and how dry it has been in the rainy season, and how wet it has been in the dry season. Additionally appears that the tropical depression has now turned into a tropical storm named Ida and is heading for Belize. Internet here has been poor at best, mainly due to the rain as it interrupts our satellite feed.

I have prepared my bail out bag, if needed, but it sounds like I will be here helping Ambergris Caye Emergency Rescue Team. This is a very preliminary, but you always need a Plan A and a Plan B. If you don't hear from me for a while, know that I'll get back online as soon as possible.


Thursday. Up at 615, editing photo for the local publications, then making a trip into town for supplies and some "just in case" stuff. I think the dry bag a purchased is a good investment. Just finished up packing my wallet, my point n shoot, my cell phone, all of my pocked stuff into small ziplocks. Seems I have been wetter on this trip than in the past.

No comments: