Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday - Bike Ride to town (pics a week late)

Below are pictures of the bike ride to town (a week late, hey I'm busy down here, gimme a break)

Some called me crazy for even attempting this, in fact I have a bet with a local for $50bz ($25us) if I could do it.

I deiced to make it an event and see if others were as crazy as I was! I found 4 suckers, err riders that were up for the challenge. Steve had mad the trip on the bike before, so we knew it could be done. BUT... he had never done it on a beach bike, rather his 21 speed mountain bike,






The Start.... just in case we didn't make it, we started off with a photo


Deep sand and lots of coconuts to dodge along the way.


No one to take my pic, but some of the clan.

Another action shot





The rest of the gang. Look back a few days for a map of our route. I also plan a garmin view that will be available to anyone that wants to view it. This was a 14.84 mile ride, totl time was 2 hours 35 minutes, but that included many stops along the way for pictures, gps readings, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh..I'd love to see that view when riding bikes! Great pictures. Try to start having fun, would ya??! ;)
Love you!